1. It seriously sucked that the U.S. Women's National Team lost the World Cup. Seriously. But I'm happy to see that the game took over Twitter and dominated TV ratings. Yay women's sports and soccer! 2. Netflix pissed off a bunch of their subscribers this week by jacking up the price 60%. Here are some alternatives. This story offers alternatives, too.
3. Law & Order: SVU takes another hit. I'm not sure I'm going to recognize a show I was once obsessed with.
4. Rashard Mendenhall is suing a company for ending his endorsement deal after his controversial tweets about Osama Bin Laden and 9/11. Based on these tweets and some of his others, he sounds like a real winner. Sarcasm intended.
5. Virginia Tech researched football helmet safety. The results are scary.
Childhood favorites, please take center stage.
6. Captain Planet is being made into a live-action movie. Now this is a superhero movie I can get behind! Just please keep the theme song. Captain Planet, he's our hero. Gonna take pollution down to zero.
7. Hey, Dude hits DVD today. I freaking loved this show. I thought the kids were so cool.
8. Even better, Teen Nick will start airing old Nickelodeon shows next Monday.